Would you like to…
- …Volunteer in East Asia and actually make a difference?
- Are you independent enough not to need an agency (which charges fees)?
- Would you like to really find out about life in Malaysia, Mongolia, mainland China or Hong Kong?
- This may be YOUR chance of a lifetime!
How we can help…
- We introduce suitable candidates to one of the organizations we work with.
- We can attest to the integrity of these organizations and their work.
- We interview potential volunteers on Skype, check references and require criminal background checks.
- If you appear to be a good fit we introduce you to the relevant organization.
- If they are happy to accept you, you are all set!
- We will then brief you on what to expect.
- We receive no fees at all and simply let you pay your own costs (all the organizations provide free accommodation except for the summer camp at Lotus in Mongolia).
- Most projects encourage people to volunteer in pairs if they wish.
Why not explore these websites?
IF you would like to consider volunteering for one of these organizations please DO NOT contact them directly (English speaking staff are rare and overworked) but to discuss the next step then contact us! Remember we charge no fees so by contacting them directly you are wasting their time and not benefiting yourself.
Guangzhou English Teaching Centre for the Handicapped (Guangzhou, China)
Provides English courses for the physically handicapped in this exciting Chinese port city. They are looking for volunteers to help teach English. At present their main interest is in volunteers who speak some Mandarin Chinese and can help with the summer camp (about 4 weeks, mainly in July). Go to http://www.canpei.com for information, then email us.
Lotus Children’s Centre (Mongolia)
In Ulaan Baatar, Mongolia provides a home and education for abandoned and orphaned children. They are looking for motivated volunteers to help run their summer camp and also teachers of English and any vocational skills (1 to 2 months). For the really adventurous they also accept volunteers in the winter! And occasionally they require administrative staff who would stay for a year….or more. Go to http://www.lotuschild.org for information, then email us.
Mother’s Choice (Hong Kong)
In the centre of Hong Kong, has an orphanage for children who are to be adopted. Responsible volunteers needed to help care for and stimulate the young children (always working with professionals) (9-12 months). The terms are good but the working week is 44 hours. Go to http://www.motherschoice.org for information, then email us.
New Hope Foster Home (Beijing, China)
In a quiet area just outside Beijing, cares for abandoned children with disabilities. They provide medical care and arrange for operations for those who need them. Responsible Volunteers are needed to help run a kindergarten. (6-8 weeks minimum) Go to http://www.hopefosterhome.com for information, then email us.
Soroptimist International Damansara (Malaysia) – ‘Building Bridges Beyond Borders’ (BBBB programme)
A programme to help improve literacy, spoken English and self confidence for underprivileged children in Kuala Lumpur living in orphanages, Myanmar refugee centres and attending subsidized tuition centres. Most of our volunteers are needed to work with the Myanmar refugee children. BB BB need enthusiastic volunteers who want to make a difference in these children’s lives ( 10 weeks to 3 months).
There is no specific website for this project. For more information please contact us directly via the link below to receive more detailed information.
Interested? Have questions? Want to discuss the next step?